SKY II - INTERACTIVE CHROMOSOME SEARCHING
-- Sky Image Courtesy Dr. Jeff Sawyer, Arkansas Children's Hospital
Click here for more information about the Spectral Karotyping Technique
| Explanation of Improvements:
SKYII offers two improvements over current black field displays:
1) Existing SKY images are enhanced onto a perceptually optimized background.
2) Clicking on each chromosome leads directly to the detailed Gene98 gene maps, for further inquiry.
Future Funding Will Enable Three Refinements:
1) more precision correlation of defect maps with existing gene maps
2) finer resolution technique incorporation
3) standard clinical laboratory reporting technique, facilitated by web access, protected by encrypted communication on secure web servers, and stored in name elided form for cancer registry databases.
Cancer Researchers, Biochemists, Statisticians, and Advanced Clinicians